Current Affairs 5 Dec 2018 English
1. A N Jha, Secretary, Expenditure, has been appointed as new Finance Secretary. Ajay Narayan Jha, is a 1982-batch IAS officer of Manipur Tripura cadre.
2. Yes Bank has appointed former Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) chief T.S. Vijayan as an independent director for five years
3. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a USD 85 million loan to improve skill development Eco-system in Odisha.
4. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) programe offered jointly by three premier institutions in West Bengal, including IIT Kharagpur, has been ranked first in the country and the second place in Asia in the business analytics category by QS World University Rankings. The two other institutions are IIM Calcutta and Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).
5. Qatar has decided to withdraw its membership from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).
6. ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting Plus (ADMM-Plus) Experts’ Working Group on Military Medicine is being held in Lucknow.
7. 12th India-UAE Joint Commission Meeting for Economic and Technical Cooperation will be held in Abu Dhabi.
8. World Bank has unveiled 200 billion US Dollars in climate action investment for 2021 to 2025.
9. 80th Session of the Policy Commission of the World Customs Organization (WCO) has been started in Mumbai.
10. Mahendra Singh has been appointed as the President of Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA).
11. According to Cisco’s latest “Visual Networking Index (VNI)” report, the number of smartphone users in India is expected to double to 829 million by 2022 from 404.1 million in 2017.