Current Affairs 26-27 August 2018 in English
Updated daily current affairs for 26-27 August 2018. Please visit Bhartialert Website for more Current Affairs in English.
> Current Affairs 26-27 August 2018
Important Current Affairs 26-27 August 2018
If you are appearing for any Government Recruitment Exam, it is important that you are familiar with the happenings around the world. Current Affairs is an important part of your syllabus apart from English, Quantitative Aptitude or Logical Reasoning! Thus, we bring you the Important General Awareness in PDF. Now, Banking, SSC and Insurance aspirants can read the update containing all the Important Current Affairs 26th August 2018. You can also attempt yesterday’s current affairs quiz:
Check this Daily Current Affairs Video and acquaint yourself with the current events for the preparation of various Government Exams
Important Current Affairs 26th August 2018
Important sports news-III (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Ankita Raina won the bronze medal in tennis at the Asian Games.
- The Indian men’s kabaddi team got the bronze medal in the 2018 Asian Games.
- Indian women’s kabaddi team won a silver medal at the Asian Games 2018.
- Dipika Pallikal won a bronze medal in squash at the Asian Games.
- Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan won the gold medal in the men’s doubles tennis event at the Asian Games.
Important sports news-II (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Bajrang Punia won the gold medal in the 65 kg freestyle wrestling event at Asian Games 2018.
- Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in wrestling at the Asian Games 2018.
- Divya Kakran won the bronze medal in women’s 68 kg freestyle wrestling category at the 18th edition of the Asian games.
- The Indian men’s Sepak takraw team won their maiden bronze medal at the Asian Games.
Important sports news-I (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Apurvi Chandela and Ravi Kumar won the bronze medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team event at the Asian Games 2018.
- Saurabh Chaudhary won the gold medal in pistol shooting at the Asian Games 2018.
- Rahi Sarnobat won the gold medal in Women’s 25m Pistol shooting at the Asian Games 2018.
- Shardul Vihan won the silver medal in the men’s double trap shooting event at the 18th Asian Games.
Miscellaneous News (20-25 Aug 2018)
- In Bhutan, the ninth edition of “Mountain Echoes Literature Festival” began in Thimphu.
- The International Watercolour festival was organised in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- World Mosquito Day is observed every year on August 20.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) became the first Indian company to cross ₹ 8 lakh crore market capitalization on 23 August 2018.
Imp Science & Tech news (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Scientists have found frozen water deposits in the darkest and coldest parts of the Moon’s polar regions using data from the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft.
- NASA will be launching ICESat-2 satellite that will measure changes in the heights of Earth’s polar ice.
- A new satellite named “Aeolus“, that will track global winds and improve weather forecasts has been successfully put into orbit.
Important Books & Authors (20-25 Aug 2018)
- A book titled ‘281 and Beyond’, which has been written by VVS Laxman will be published on 20 November 2018.
- Shane Warne will come out with his autobiography “No Spin” in October 2018.
- A book on the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee titled “Atal Ji Ne Kaha” has been launched.
Important Awards & Honors (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Former Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag has been awarded United States (US) ‘Legion of Merit‘.
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi was honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavna Award for promoting communal harmony and peace.
- David Beckham will receive the UEFA President’s Award for his contribution to football and for promoting the sport around the world.
Important Appointments-II (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Retired judge of the Chhattisgarh High Court TP Sharma was appointed the new Chief Lokayukta of the Chattisgarh.
- President Ram Nath Kovind re-appointed Arun Jaitley as Finance Minister.
- The Government of India’s main interlocutor in Nagaland RN Ravi has been given an extension.
Important Appointments-I (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Satya Pal Malik is the new Jammu and Kashmir Governor.
- Lal Ji Tandon has been appointed as the Governor of Bihar.
- Kaptan Singh Solanki is the new Governor of Tripura.
- Ganga Prasad has been appointed as the Governor of Sikkim.
- Tathagata Roy is the new Governor of Meghalaya.
Important Indexes & Reports (20-25 Aug 2018)
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) published “India Wage Report”.
- NITI Aayog released five thematic reports on Sustainable Development in Indian Himalayan Region.
- The report, titled “The Urban Commute,” was released by Centre for Science and Environment on 24th August 2018.
Obituaries (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Former United Nations chief and Nobel Peace Prize laureate General Kofi Annan passed away.
- Eminent Indian writer and journalist Kuldip Nayar passed away in New Delhi on August 23, 2018.
Important India & World News (20-25 Aug 2018)
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj inaugurated ‘Panini Language Laboratory‘ at Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Mauritius.
- According to Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, the maximum number of cyber attacks on official Indian websites are from China, US and Russia.
- India and Singapore signed the Second Protocol amending the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA).
Imp Govt policies & scheme-II (20-25 Aug 2018)
- UIDAI has made facial recognition mandatory for every authentication that requires Aadhaar.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje inaugurated the Bhamashah Techno Hub on 23rd August 2018.
- A National Logistics Portal (NLP) is being developed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- For the first time that the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) is including the elimination of public urination.
Imp Govt policies & scheme-I (20-25 Aug 2018)
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has declared the Kerala floods a “calamity of severe nature”.
- The Supreme Court scrapped the use of ‘None Of The Above’ (NOTA) option in the upcoming Rajya Sabha elections.
- September will be observed as Nutrition Month.
- The Government of Chhattisgarh decided to name Naya Raipur, the upcoming capital city of the Chhattisgarh, as ‘Atal Nagar’.
Important Defence News-II (20-25 Aug 2018)
- The armies of India and Thailand have concluded their two-week joint exercise ‘Maitree 2018’ in Thailand.
- Exercise Elang Shakti involving the Indian Air Force and the Royal Malaysian Air Force commenced on 20th August 2018 in Malaysia.
- Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018, started on 24 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Russia.
Important Defence News-I (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) HELINA has been successfully tested in Pokhran.
- Guided bombs-Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)- was successfully flight tested at Chandan range in Rajasthan.
- The Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), India’s next indigenous fighter, is expected to make its first flight by 2032.
Important National News (20-25 Aug 2018)
- The International Council on Monuments and Sites, a global monument conservation body, will assess the damage occurred to the monuments in Kerala.
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee launched ‘Neta App‘ that allows voters to rate and review their political representatives.
- The Indian Railways will start testing, its first indigenously built, engine-less train “Train 18”, from September 2018.
Important International News (20-25 Aug 2018)
- Iran unveiled its first domestic fighter jet named ‘Kowsar’ at a defence show in Tehran.
- The fourth Summit of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) will be held at Kathmandu on August 30 and 31, 2018.
- Scott Morrison is the new Australia’s Prime Minister.
- The World Bank has launched the world’s first blockchain-only bond named ‘bond-i’.
Best Of Luck!