Current Affairs 25 Sep 2018 in ENGLISH - Candidates who are preparing for gov jobs can check the current affairs of 25 Sep 2018 in English .
Current Affairs 25 September 2018 in English
Updated daily current affairs for 25th Sep 2018. Please visit Bhartialert Website for more Current Affairs in English.
Current Affairs 25th Sep 2018
If you are appearing for any Government Recruitment Exam, it is important that you are familiar with the happenings around the world. Current Affairs is an important part of your syllabus apart from English, Quantitative Aptitude or Logical Reasoning! Thus, we bring you the Important General Awareness in PDF. Now, Banking, SSC and Insurance aspirants can read the update containing all the Important Current Affairs 25th September 2018. You can also attempt yesterday’s current affairs quiz:
Check this Daily Current Affairs Video and acquaint yourself with the current events for the preparation of various Government Exams.
Important Current Affairs 25th September 2018
HMR is the 2nd largest metro rail in India
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) has now become second largest metro rail network in India.
- It is also the world’s largest metro project under the public-private-partnership (PPP) model.
- The Hyderabad metro now has an operational network of 45 km.
- Delhi Metro Rail with an operational network of over 350kms is the largest metro rail network in India.
Naval officer Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Naval officer Commander Abhilash Tomy who is representing India in Golden Globe Race 2018 was rescued by French vessel Osiri.
- Tomy in his sailing vessel ‘Thuriya’, was dismasted and had suffered a back injury in extreme weather and sea condition in the Indian Ocean.
- The GGR is a race to sail around the globe. Tommy is the only Indian to circumnavigate the globe non-stop on INSV Mhadei.
Facebook India appoints Ajit Mohan as MD & VP
- Facebook has appointed Ajit Mohan as Managing Director and Vice-President for its Indian operations.
- Mr. Mohan, who was previously the CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, will join Facebook early in 2019.
- The post was lying vacant since the exit of Umang Bedi last year.
- Mr. Mohan will be responsible for aligning teams and driving Facebook’s overall strategy in India.
INS Kochi ‘affiliated’ to J&K Light Infantry
- INS Kochi was affiliated to the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment (JAK LI) on 24 September 2018.
- An ‘affiliation‘ between units is aimed at the synergy, coordination and ‘jointness‘ between the services to ensure better coordination.
- The affiliation between naval and army units is an ongoing process and this is the 31st affiliation of an Indian Naval unit.
‘Gandhi March’ in Netherlands
- India will organise ‘Gandhi March’ from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague in the Netherlands.
- ‘Gandhi March’ will see the participation of people of all nations and around 20 ambassadors from different countries.
- Also, special commemorative stamps will be issued by the Indian postal department at the Peace Palace complex.
- October 2 is also marked as International Day of Non-Violence.
Sinisuka and Carolina Won China Open
- Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting defeated Japan’s Kento Momota to win the Men’s singles China Open title.
- Spain’s Carolina Marin defeated China’s Chen Yufei to win the Women’s singles title.
- The men’s doubles title won by the Danish duo of Kim Astrup and Anders Skaarup, who defeated Chinese duo of Han Chengkai and Zhou Haodong.
SC forms committee to look into jail reforms
- Supreme Court constituted a 3 member committee to look into the aspect of jail reforms across the country and suggest measures to deal with them.
- The committee is headed by the former judge Justice Amitava Roy.
- The committee will also look into the various issues concerning women prisoners.
- Supreme Court was hearing a matter relating to inhuman conditions in 1,382 jails across India.
SC: Legislators can practice as lawyers
- The Supreme Court said that the legislators could not be banned from practising as lawyers in courts.
- The Supreme Court also said that no law debars the MPs, MLAs and MLCs from practising in court.
- At present, only the ministers and legislators holding other constitutional positions are barred from giving legal counsel to clients.
India won medals in Serbia Junior & Cadet Open
- In Table Tennis, India won the team titles in the girls and cadet boys category at the 2018 Serbia Junior and Cadet Open.
- India won gold in the Cadet Boys’ singles, Cadet Boys’ Team and Junior Girls’ Team events.
- India won the silver medal in the Cadet Boys and Girls’ team, the Cadet Boys’ Doubles and Girls’ Doubles categories.
- Payas Jain won the gold medal in Serbia Junior and Cadet Open
AMD-DAE sign MoU for exploration of uranium
- National Geophysical Research Institute signed a MoU with Atomic Minerals Directorate and Department of Atomic Energy for uranium exploration in India.
- The exploration will use high resolution heliborne geophysical imaging of earth’s shallow subsurface.
- NGRI and AMD-DAE will carry out heliborne surveys in Karnataka, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh.
Tariffs on non-essential imports finalised
- The government has finalised the list of non-essential items on which it will be imposing import tariffs.
- The list would include electronics, gems, select items of steel that are also manufactured in India, imported apples, and almonds, among others.
- The imposition of tariffs on the import of non-essential items is expected to help in stabilising the rupee’s level.
25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas
- 25th September is observed as Antyodaya Diwas every year to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- During the Antyodaya Diwas each Swachhagrahi will be asked to create a team of his/her own Swachhagrahis.
- Each of these team will work on Open Defecation Free activities in their villages.
- 22 States and UTs have been declared Open Defecation Free so far.
Helpline for tobacco users
- India has become the first and only SAARC country to have a quit-line number on tobacco products.
- India is the fourth country in Asia after Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore to have this government helpline for those looking at quitting tobacco.
- The quit-line number will be printed on all tobacco products manufactured after September 1, 2018.
Panel approves nutrition norms
- The National Technical Board on Nutrition has recommended that severely malnourished children must be fed freshly cooked food prepared from locally available cereals, pulses and vegetables.
- The measures are part of the community-based health management of children suffering from Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- The guidelines outline the role of Anganwadi workers and auxiliary nurse midwives.
UAE to host Interfaith Alliance Forum
- The UAE will host the Interfaith Alliance Forum in Abu Dhabi on 19th and 20th Nov 2018.
- The forum aims to address and discuss social challenges and to strengthen efforts by religious leaders for protection of the young individuals from extortion and crime via the internet.
- The alliance also highlight the importance of unifying views among religions to ensure the protection of children.
India, China to sign security agreement
- India and China will sign an internal security cooperation agreement during the visit of China’s Minister of Public Security in October 2018.
- The proposed pact is expected to cover areas of intelligence sharing, exchange programme, sharing of best practices, cooperation in disaster mitigation.
- This will be the first such agreement between India and China which look after internal security.
4th India International Science Festival
- The 4th edition of India International Science Festival will be inaugurated by President of India in Lucknow on October 6, 2018.
- Science & Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that IISF 2018 is a tribute to former PM Late Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- IISF is the biggest platform to bring together students, researchers to celebrate India’s achievements in science and technology.
Luka Modric won FIFA Best player award
- Luka Modric won FIFA’s best male player award for 2018.
- Brazil and Orlando Pride forward Marta won the best female player award.
- Mohamed Salah’s curling, left-footed strike in an October 12, 2017 match against Everton won the Puskas Award for the best goal.
- Peru’s supporters won the Fifa Fan Award.
Jowai- Ratacherra section of NH 6 inaugurated
- Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the rehabilitation and up-gradation of Jowai-Ratacherra (Meghalaya Assam border) section of the National Highway- 06 at Shillong.
- The 102 km road is very important for the development of industries as it passes through cement and coal belts of the Meghalaya.
- NH 6, is a national highway running from Jorabat in Meghalaya to Selling in Mizoram.
Best performing states in Ease of Living Index
- Andhra Pradesh has topped among States in terms of “Ease of Living Index” rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- The state is followed by Odisha and Madhya Pradesh.
- Ease of Living Index is a transformative initiative to help the cities assess their liveability vis-à-vis national and global benchmarks.