Current Affairs 15 August 2018 in
Updated daily current affairs for 15 August 2018.
Please visit Bhartialert Website for more Current
Affairs in English.
Current Affairs 15 August 2018
Important Current Affairs 15 August 2018
Odisha CM launches health scheme
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the start of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY), an universal health coverage scheme in the state on 15th August 2018.
- The scheme would benefit 70 lakh families.
- Under the scheme, secondary and tertiary chashless health care assistance will be provided up to Rs 5 lakh per family per annum.
Raj to observe Sept as ‘month of nutrition’
- Rajasthan will observe September as the “month of nutrition” to create awareness among people living in the state.
- In the month of nutrition awareness in rural as well as urban areas will be created for nutrition.
- From September, students of Class 1 to 8 of government schools will be given milk daily instead of thrice a week.
Trade deficit hits 62-month high in July 2018
- A sharp rise in the crude oil bill led to India’s trade deficit widening to a 62-month high in July 2018, despite exports growing by 14.32%.
- The trade deficit increased to $18.02 billion in July 2018, up from $16.61 billion in June 2018.
- A broad-based hardening of the international crude price has led to the trade deficit rising every month in 2018-19.
Shaurya Chakra for Major Aditya, Aurangzeb
- Rifleman Aurangzeb and Major Aditya Kumar of Indian Army will be conferred the Shaurya Chakra along with 18 others Armed Forces Personnel and members of Paramilitary Forces.
- Sepoy Vrahma Pal Singh was selected for Kirti Chakra posthumously.
- The President has approved 131 Gallantry Awards to armed forces personnel and members of paramilitary forces.
Prez awards medals to Indian Coast Guard
- President of India has awarded one President’s Tatrakshak Medal for Distinguished Service, five Tatrakshak Medal for Gallantry and two Tatrakshak Medal for Meritorious Service on the to Indian Coast Guard personnel.
- The President’s Tatrakshak Medal for Distinguished Service has been awarded to IG Rakesh Pal.
- These awards are being given to the personnel of Indian Coast Guard since 1990.
Ramesh appointed women’s team head coach
- The Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) appointed Ramesh Powar as the Head Coach of Indian Women’s Cricket Team.
- Powar’s term will include a tour to Sri Lanka, a bilateral series in the West Indies in October 2018 followed by the ICC Women’s World T20 in West Indies in November 2018.
- Powar has played 31 ODIs and two Tests from 2004 to 2007 for India.
REC inks pact with German bank
- Rural Electrification Corporation has inked a loan agreement with German bank KfW for EUR 200 million.
- The fund will be used to finance clean energy projects in India.
- This is REC’s fourth line of credit under Indo-German development cooperation which REC will utilise to finance renewable energy projects in India.
New concession model for greenfield airports
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has proposed a new financial model for building greenfield airports.
- Under new model, the concession fee given by the airport operator to the concessioning authority will be based on a ‘per passenger aeronautical model’.
- The new model will be followed for building the Jewar airport in Uttar Pradesh.
- The new model will encourage increased private investment.
Scheme for monitoring drugs safety aspects
- The AYUSH Ministry introduced a new central sector scheme for monitoring of the safety aspects of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and documenting their adverse effects.
- The ministry introduced the scheme for promoting pharmacovigilance of these drugs.
- All India Institute of Ayurveda was designated as the National Pharmacovigilance Centre.
WB govt lifts income ceiling for ‘Kanyashree’
- The West Bengal government has widened the reach of its flagship women welfare scheme ‘Kanyashree’ by lifting the ceiling on annual family income.
- As per the scheme, unmarried girls above 13 years are offered cash incentive for remaining unmarried till 18.
- Kanyashree was launched in 2013 to prevent child marriage in economically weaker sections with an annual household income of ₹1.2 lakh.
Best Of Luck!